Happy New Year to Everyone!
I am sure we are all considering ways we can improve ourselves and our planet this year. I could make the typical “greening” list including our usual suspects: Eat Local. Buy Local. Upcycle. Recycle. Reuse…. on and on….
But, hey- you know all of that from dedicating your time to reading this Journal 😉 Here is a new focus for the beginning of the year- SIMPLIFY.
Take it easy on yourselves and on your lives. Try to add one small green living addition to your routine for a month. Just look at it one month (or week) at a time. Eventually, some things will become part of your routine, while others that do not work for you will be removed.
You are not failing at a resolution or at helping the Earth… you are TRYING. Let’s start a conversation about what we are doing that is working for us and what we have tried that was less successful.
I’ll start us off…….
THINGS THAT WORKED:
- family recycling all recyclable items
- hygiene: reduction of “products” and increase in natural items (like olive oil)
- making most meals from scratch
- donating/freecycle–ing items versus trash
THINGS THAT HAVE NOT YET WORKED:
- teenager using natural ingredients
- reduction of plastic
- homemade laundry soap
- using the sewing machine
- commitment to wheat versus processed
So, what do you have to add?