Welcome to Creation Care!
Here are some reasons to keep in mind that may help tip your scale toward Creation Care:
- In the Great Smokey Mountains alone, there are over 65 species of mammals, 130 species of trees, and over 4,000 species of plants.Freshwater streams in the region contain more species of salamanders, crayfish, and freshwater mussels than anywhere else on the planet.
- There are approximately 44 threatened, endangered or rare species for the French Broad River watershed in Buncombe County. Their survival is now linked to our ability to be responsible.
- The average American uses 100 gallons (380 liters) of water a day— more than 15 times that used by many people in developing countries. And many of the world’s poorest live on fewer than 5 gallons (20 liters) a day.
- Fifteen percent of the world’s population – almost one out of every six people – is chronically hungry, but not because the earth cannot sustain us all. It is because of the structures and systems for producing, buying, selling and sharing food that are profoundly broken.
- One pound of beef requires 1,799 gallons of water for processing…One pound of goat 127 gallons, sheep 731 gallons, pig 576 gallons. That’s a huge difference.